USA Wrestling is seeking a Communications Coordinator. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Communications and Special Projects. This person will be responsible for working on a variety of projects that impact the communications activities of the organization.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
– Creates content for USA Wrestling’s communications platforms, including its website, TheMat.com, and all print publications developed by the organization.
– Assist in creating content for USA Wrestling’s social networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Instagram, TikTok, etc.) as well as other communication platforms. Graphic arts and design skills are required.
– Assist with media relations, public relations and event media operations for all levels of USA Wrestling events and activities.
– Assisted in the creation of video content for USA Wrestling’s internet presence. Duties include video editing and uploading video footage, as well as helping develop strategies for expanding video properties.
– Oversees USA Wrestling’s podcast properties, which includes reviewing and editing (as needed) podcasts, posting to designated platforms, and promoting the podcast series.
– Oversees the USA Wrestling message boards, including the development of an effective moderation system.
– Perform other duties as determined by the Director of Communications or the General Manager.
This person will coordinate closely with personnel from a number of US pest control departments. The position also includes working with volunteers within the organization.
Must have a degree in a communications-related field, as well as professional work experience in a communications-related job. Knowledge of wrestling is a plus. Experience in journalism, public relations, college or Olympic sports communications or related industries is desirable.
Proven writing and interpersonal skills are required for this position. Graphic arts skills and video editing experience are also expected. Time management skills are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, able to meet specific deadlines, work on a variety of projects simultaneously, and work both independently and in various work groups. Many trips will be necessary for the person occupying this position.
Hiring salary scale
$45,000 – $50,000 per year depending on experience.
• Paid leave, personal and sick leave
• Around 10 paid holidays per year
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Medical, dental and visual insurance
• Life insurance paid by the employer
• Benefits may be changed or discontinued from time to time at Company’s discretion, as permitted by law
• Ability to work from USA Wrestling’s national office in Colorado Springs, CO is required
• USA Wrestling is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicant should send their resume, a list of three or more references, along with writing samples, graphic samples, and video samples to Gary Abbott, Director of Communications, USA Wrestling at [email protected] or by FAX at 719-598-9440.