Connection is at the heart of our work. Global Ministries connects The United Methodist Church, its members, and its congregations, to partner with others committed to God’s worldwide work. This takes place in a variety of contexts, countries and cultures. Global Ministries works through missionaries and partners in over 60 countries around the world.
Summary of work
The incumbent consults and collaborates with the global health team and with applicants regarding HSS grants and assists in the management of these grants.
Essential job functions
- In consultation with supervisor, supports HSS programming development, budget decision, understands and can resolve technical HSS program issues, providing grant-related capacity building and partner training as needed.
- Works with the supervisor and technical team to support partners and help them develop and monitor their work using the HSS framework: (1) leadership and governance, (2) service delivery, (3) hand development (4) Health Information Systems, (5) Medical Products and Technologies, (6) Health Care Financing, (7) Community Engagement, and (8) Partnership Development
- Support the Senior Technical Advisors (STA) in the administration of Health Board operational and HSS grants, including the review and management of bids, contracts, grant agreements, and grant disbursements
- Conducts initial reviews of mid-term reports and, if necessary, final reports and makes recommendations to the STA
- In consultation with the Supervisor/Senior Technical Advisor, drafts key documents including memorandums of understanding, grant memorandums, summaries and progress reports, policy documents and HSS program communications.
- Uses data from reports, supervision checklists, and facility assessments in collaboration with partners, STA, and technical team to provide evidence-based decisions to STAs regarding quality improvement plans for the context-specific health system/health facility and provides support for plan implementation as needed.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in Public Health preferred
- Two to four years of grant management experience, preferably in an international setting and in a health-related program.
- Experience living or working abroad and/or working in a multicultural organization strongly preferred
- Experience working with a faith-based organization an asset.
- Experience in international grant making and grant research required
- Effectively consults with partners and GH team on HSS programming
- Performs work with precision and clarity and can offer analysis to help the partner and their grant moving forward
- Assesses and assists grantees throughout the grant cycle
The ideal candidate
The candidate must be able to prioritize well and practice strong attention to detail. Willingness to contribute to team goals, coordinate and network across teams. Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with key partners. Can research, analyze and evaluate information. The candidate should also be comfortable with a wide range of communication styles.
Working hours and conditions
- FLSA Status: F/T Exempt
- Location: Remote
- Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday with flexible start/end times) – Work/meetings evenings and weekends as needed, especially during peak unit season.
- May require work outside normal business hours (including weekends), particularly during peak unit season.
- Sedentary desk/computer/keyboard/meeting work for long periods of time.
- Travel as needed.
What we offer and how to apply
- Global Ministries offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement, HSA/FSA, and other employee and health benefits.
- Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume, along with a digitally signed application through the Applicant Portal. Applications should highlight skills against requirements, potential start date, and at least three references (2 supervisory references and 1 professional reference).
- We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible, so don’t wait to apply! We will review applications as they are submitted.
How to register
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume, along with a digitally signed application through the Applicant Portal. Applications should highlight skills against requirements, potential start date, and at least three references (2 supervisory references and 1 professional reference).
Click here to apply – Technical Officer, Health Systems Strengthening (paycomonline.net)