The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club is actively seeking a Assistant cross-country coach for their U16/18/20 program
About SSWSC: The SSWSC provides athletic and youth development programs to over 1,200 athletes each year. Our vision is to produce champions on and off the mountain and our goal is to be the best in “whole” athlete development – training each individual to achieve their highest level of human and athletic performance – resulting into healthy and contributing members of our community as well as skilled and passionate athletes.
Our programs include Alpine Skiing, Cross Country, Freestyle, Free Skiing, Nordic Combined, Special Jumping, Telemark, Freeski Snowboarding and Alpine Snowboarding as well as Strength and Conditioning, Cycling and Skateboarding . Serving tens of thousands of children for over a century, the club is one of the oldest and most successful winter sports clubs in North America. The cross country program has a long history in our community, consistently advancing athletes towards their goals, including success at Junior Nationals, Junior World Championships and NCAA.
Job overview: In line with the mission of the SSWSC, the Assistant Coach U16/18/20:
- Organize daily workouts including roller skiing, foot training, strength and cycling. The program runs year-round, with breaks in April and August.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work closely with coaches, parents, athletes and community partners
- Follow the instructions of the XC Program Manager and the XC Head Coach, with ultimate guidance from the SSWSC administrative staff.
- Be able to ski at an advanced level
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Solid knowledge, experience and current professional qualifications in cross-country training
- Previous coaching experience is a plus, but not necessary
- Lifelong learner seeking formal and informal professional development opportunities
- Current USSA Level 100 certification (minimum) or seeking certification
- Valid driver’s license and insurability
Benefits and compensation:
Compensation will depend on the candidate’s skills and experience, with a range of $22,000 to $25,000 for the seasonal, part-time, no-benefits position. There is potential for subsidized housing in Steamboat Springs.