Wanted: Social Media Coordinator
Do you live and breathe social media and want to work in a fun, dynamic environment where creativity and data-driven marketing are one?
Your dream job has arrived.
Milkbar Digital is looking for a Full Time Social Media Coordinator, to manage accounts for our portfolio of exciting Australian and global brands.
We are looking for an energetic, self-starter with a genuine passion for all things social.
You will join a team of creatives in a fun and dynamic environment.
Ideally, you will come with a min. 2 years in a similar role (agency or client-side) and are equipped with the key skills required to run social media end-to-end and get started on track.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Account management – You will be equipped with professional communication skills (written and verbal) and will be able to bring a smile to all the faces of your customers. You understand how to set an agenda, respond to a brief and juggle several clients at the same time.
- Social media content (planning, execution and publishing) – You will deliver amazing content on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and TikTok, focused on KPIs such as driving sales and engagement. Any experience in the Adobe suite will be advantageous, as will the natural sense of design and creation. If you have experience in photography, videography and styling, it will be a plus!
- Shooting assistance/planning – A big part of what we do at Milkbar is to create engaging social media content first. You will be responsible for creating shoot plans, creative research, and studio and on-site support for your clients’ shoots.
- Writing – You will have excellent attention to detail, strong grammar/spelling/punctuation skills and a thorough understanding of brand tone.
- Buying, analyzing and reporting on paid meta ads – Understanding key indicators, implementing advertising campaigns to budget and generating monthly reports for your clients will be part of your daily life. If you’re not already through Ads Manager, you’ll get to know it very well.
- Creative campaign brainstorming – You will always be attentive to what other brands are doing in the market and be a creative thinker able to come up with exciting and new social media marketing ideas.
Key attributes include:
- Previous social media experience – agency or client side
- Incredible time management skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines – we love making lists at Milkbar and can’t stress enough that we work at an extremely fast pace!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner, agile and adaptable
- Genuine passion for digital and social media marketing
- Love all the latest pop culture trends – you watch Netflix and YouTube binge, know who’s on tour right now, who the latest influencers to watch are, and love a smart marketing campaign
- A natural eye for design, branding and aesthetics
Milkbar Digital is a digital content marketing and social media agency in Prahran. We have a relaxed and fun office culture (dogs included) and work with a number of exciting brands in fashion, food and lifestyle.
Working at Milkbar offers many exciting rewards to its employees – not only are we a tight-knit team with lots of fun activities and benefits, but we offer:
- A weekly WFH day
- 5 days of bonus paid vacation per year (quarterly and one for your birthday)
- A professional development budget of $1,000 per year
- Close mentoring
- Internal and external skills training and workshops
- Fun – and often ridiculous – team building activities such as our $100 movie challenge and content from our YouTube channel
To apply, submit your resume or portfolio, plus a cover letter to Sam Sidney ([email protected]). Please put some personality in it!
Include any previous examples of social media work you’ve done, whether it’s for school, a hobby, or professionally.
Please also include links to your own personal online platforms such as blogs or social media handles where applicable.
Due to the large number of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted.