- Burwood or Geelong Campus
- Full time (36.75 hours per week) and continuous
- HEW 6 – $82,494 plus 17% superannuation
Faculty marketing teams work collaboratively with University stakeholders to deliver integrated marketing campaigns that position Deakin ahead of the pack. We currently have two web roles available – one in each of the Faculty of Health and Faculty of Science, Engineering and the Built Environment marketing teams.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will work collaboratively with the entire team to coordinate the faculty’s web presence and related digital recruitment channels to support the implementation of marketing and communications strategies. Contributing to the effective recruitment of prospective students to Deakin University, you will lead the development of field-of-study-specific EDM content for the faculty. If you are an experienced writer and editor with a passion for marketing and the web, this role is for you.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Leverage a wide range of people, groups and resources to identify new or improved opportunities, processes and ways of doing things to improve organizational strategy
- Investigate facts, identify relevant solutions and select the most appropriate from the range of alternatives
- Solicit feedback from customers regarding their satisfaction and views on products or services received, respond to feedback with openness and transparency, and seek to identify ways to better serve the customer
- Provide ethical advice to clients addressing underlying issues, promoting value-added insights and recommendations
- Build new and productive relationships with a wide range of potential students, stakeholders or key and influential people inside and outside the University
- Develop and implement practical and accessible solutions based on stakeholder needs
- Strive for excellence and regularly consult with clients to clarify who needs the information, the purpose for which it is required, the criteria for success, and where and when advice and recommendations are needed
- Communicate confidently using examples and the most appropriate influencing technique for a given situation to build understanding and support
To be successful, you will:
- A diploma with subsequent relevant experience; Where
- Extensive experience and specialized knowledge or extensive knowledge in technical or administrative fields; Where
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Knowledge of the digital marketing landscape and content requirements for each digital media channel
- Understanding of web design, user interface design principles and information architecture, usability testing, split testing, web analytics, and digital marketing
- Experience in front-end development, including within CMS platforms such as Squiz Matrix and/or WordPress Coding
- Knowledge of HTML, WCAG 2.0 digital standards and website architecture
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing bespoke EDM campaigns
- Experience in writing and editing content for web purposes
For a copy of the job description, please visit Deakin Careers.
Applications for this position close on January 28, 2022.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain verification of working with children (see Deakin’s recruitment process for details).
Please submit your updated CV and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
Please note that while we are still accepting applications from anyone interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19 we are currently prioritizing applications from those who currently have employment rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Are you ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation rests on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse work environment with opportunities for growth and career development. We believe a progressive and thriving culture will ensure people choose to come and stay with Deakin and contribute to our continued success.
We value diversity and aim to create an inclusive environment that defends, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as people of all cultures, sexual orientations and genders.