- Melbourne Burwood Campus
- Full time, FTE up to 15 months
- Level A $ 70,293 – $ 94,497 OR Level B – $ 99,346 – $ 117,503 + 17% retirement pension
Deakin School of Information Technology provides courses in Information Technology, Computing, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity, and Software Engineering to provide our graduates with a solid platform for the various job opportunities that will exist in the future.
The decision analysis researcher will be responsible for researching, publishing and contributing to the research project on computational methodologies for complex and uncertain, multi-criteria and multi-objective combinatorial optimization problems.
This is a great opportunity to gain excellent research training and hands-on industry experience by working collaboratively and closely with academic collaborators and industry partners.
This opportunity will be offered at the School of IT at the Melbourne Burwood campus. The appointment will be at academic level A or B for a fixed term of up to 15 months with a salary between $ 70,293 – $ 117,503 pa + 17% super.
To be successful, you will have:
- A doctorate in mathematics, statistics, operations research or a related field
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Expertise in some of the following areas: n Pyomo, PyMOSO, Multi-objective optimization, Simulation
- Familiar with statistical packages such as R
- Strong programming skills in at least one of the languages â€‹â€‹C ++, Java and Python
- An interest in the application of defense
- A strong record of high quality peer-reviewed publications in leading international journals.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- An emerging reputation in research and scholarship, versus opportunity, through publication or display in quality outlets
- Contribute to their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity
- Contribute to research projects and collaborations to create new perspectives and opportunities
- Contribute to research collaborations and industrial partnerships that have demonstrable results
- Contribute to the successful development of research programs or partnerships
- Supervise or review specialist students, or contribute to the supervision, management and timely completion of HDR students
Applications for this position are closed July 28, 2021.
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Vicky Mak – [email protected]
Please note that while we still accept applications from anyone interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we currently favor applications from those who currently have employment rights in Australia and are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
This role requires the incumbent to request and maintain a child labor check (see Deakin’s hiring process for details).
Are you ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse work environment with opportunities for career growth and development. We believe that a progressive and thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come and stay at Deakin and contribute to our continued success.
We value diversity and aim to create an inclusive environment that defends, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse and we recognize that academic careers can be put on hold in many life circumstances. Achievements versus opportunities place more emphasis on the quality than the quantity of research results. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your accomplishments in relation to the opportunity.