DanChurchAid (DCA) invites applications for a Purchasing and Logistics Manager (PLM) for the Syria program. This is a non-family position based in Northeast Syria (NES).
The DCA Syria program is a growing program with a 6-7 year footprint. Activities are broad and include risk education, investigation, blast hazard elimination, cash transfers, vocational training, distribution of non-food items, psychosocial support and early recovery.
The Procurement and Logistics Manager is responsible for the overall management and coordination of all DCA procurement and logistics requirements in the Syrian program in accordance with DCA procurement and logistics manuals.
As a PLM, you will be responsible for setting up, improving and maintaining all necessary systems and processes, as well as training and building the capacity of local staff in all field offices and bases. and to ensure that items and equipment required and budgeted for by various projects are procured and transported in a timely and efficient manner. You will also act as the day-to-day focal point for all matters related to the operation of the field offices, including office and warehouse management, and the fleet of leased vehicles. The PLM will also work closely with international experts to ensure that items and equipment required and budgeted for by their projects are procured and transported in a timely and efficient manner.
The main technical tasks and responsibilities include:
- Lead the coordination of all supply and logistics activities between the supply and logistics team and program managers to facilitate effective, efficient and timely program implementation.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the supply and logistics team.
- Responsible for recruiting, onboarding, mentoring and capacity building of the supply and logistics team, following a structured training plan with clear objectives and target indicators.
- Establish, improve and maintain rigorous, accountable and transparent procurement systems and processes necessary for timely, efficient, coordinated and compliant operations in accordance with the DCA Procurement Manual and donor requirements.
- Ensure proper and efficient management of the DCA fleet in accordance with the DCA Logistics Manual.
- Ensure implementation of warehousing and asset management in accordance with DCA and donor rules and standards and ensure excellent record keeping in accordance with DCA Logistics Manual.
- Actively participate in the national management, coordination and development of projects with relevant inputs in terms of supply and logistics.
- Prepare regular, timely and accurate narrative and logistical reports.
- Work closely with relevant program managers and finance department to ensure that items and equipment required and budgeted by their projects are procured and budget lines are expended in a timely manner.
- Set up key performance metrics for all aspects of logistics activities and review them regularly against actual performance.
- Conduct regular field monitoring missions to strengthen compliance.
- Ensure that all procurement and logistics related documents are reviewed and uploaded to PPD on a regular basis.
- Any other task, at the request of CD.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- University degree in a field related to supply and logistics.
- 3+ years of previous experience working with an INGO in procurement and logistics, in an international context and preferably in a conflict or post-conflict setting.
- Previous experience working in the field of humanitarian mine action is desirable.
- Proven skills in training, mentoring and capacity building of national staff.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to evaluate data and action plans to arrive at a logical and pragmatic decision.
- Ability to maintain flexibility in an environment where change or revision of projects and planning is regular.
- Ability to integrate well within a small team.
- A good spoken and written English language is essential and Arabic is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of computer programs regularly used for supply and logistics.
- Work experience in the Middle East desirable.
- High level of autonomy and willingness to spend time in deep places.
- A one-year renewable contract.
- A competitive salary package, including hardship and cost of living allowances, to be negotiated according to level of experience.
- A generous R&R package.
- 6 weeks paid vacation.
- Insurance according to industry standards.
- An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of people living in conflict.
Closing date: November 19, 2022. Only online applications uploaded to DCA’s recruitment system and consisting of at least a CV and a cover letter will be considered. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
If you have any questions, please contact Maya Majueran, Support Services Manager, via [email protected]
Work-related travel is expected in this position.
All interested candidates, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or ethnicity are encouraged to apply for the vacant position. DCA conducts anti-terrorism screening as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Anyone applying for employment with DCA must be prepared to comply with our Personnel Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Protection Policy.
How to register
Please apply through our online portal to: Procurement and Logistics Manager, Syria I DanchurchAid (emply.com)