Title: PHYSICAL SECURITY TRAINER
Location: From a distance
Founded in 2012, the Syria Justice and Accountability Center (SJAC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting meaningful justice for Syria that holds perpetrators accountable and addresses the grievances of victims, leading to lasting peace and respect for human rights.
Through a capacity building project, SJAC supports four Syrian human rights organizations focused on documentation and advocacy. SJAC provides capacity building in a wide range of skills. Under the supervision of the Legal Director of SJAC, the Physical Security Trainer will provide online support to four victim-led human rights organizations in the development of physical security policies. These organizations are based in Syria, Turkey and Europe. Individuals and businesses are encouraged to apply.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Train (remotely) victim groups on organizational and personal safety
- Work with victim groups to create physical security policies that reflect the reality on the ground and their activities
- Work with each victim group to map the risks associated with their activities and develop risk assessment tools
- Train victim groups to develop a crisis management policy
skills and experience
- Relevant postgraduate university degree or equivalent with relevant work experience
- Strong communication skills
- A minimum of five years of NGO security and training experience
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken Arabic
- Experience working directly with victims of human rights violations
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of working in the context of Syria and the Middle East is essential
- Sensitivities to the needs and dynamics of families and survivors.
How to register
To apply, please send an email with the subject “Physical Security Trainer” to [email protected], providing a cover letter including a daily rate, a draft work plan, a curriculum vitae and a sample of relevant training work before July 8, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only selected candidates will be contacted.