Sanctuary Farm Phila is looking for a part-time, mission-oriented professional looking for an opportunity to help develop a growing urban non-profit farm. Our Executive Director and Board members look forward to working with an energetic and talented Development Officer to help us manage the various fundraising channels of our small nonprofits: grants, donor support, appeals, corporate donations and fundraising events.
Sanctuary Farm Phila is a non-profit organization, established in 2017, with a mission to reduce health disparities in our North Philadelphia community by converting empty and abandoned urban land into spaces that provide nutrition, safety, beauty. and growth. We grow, harvest, and distribute free produce to residents and, together with our partner healthcare agencies, provide nutrition education to those at risk for poor health outcomes. In addition, we offer on-site programs for young and old to participate in the many healing aspects of the farm.
- Develop a written fundraising strategy each year in consultation with the development committee, and for review and approval by the board of directors.
- Institute an annual giving campaign that focuses on scheduled appeals through direct mail, personal outreach and online communications and fosters culture, relationships and donor research.
- Make sure the gifts are entered into the donor database and that donors receive an acknowledgment and tax receipt within 2 weeks.
- Identify high probability grant opportunities, write compelling stories, and assemble comprehensive budgets and budget narratives.
- Provide support to the development committee to organize fundraising events.
- Maintain and update the donor database, direct mail services, online donation services and other necessary development resources with current information.
2+ years of development experience
Good working knowledge of charitable giving laws and regulations
Strong interest and enthusiasm for the mission of Sanctuary Farm
Excellent writing and communication skills
Team player, eager to share the importance of our work with a large audience
Salary / Hours
$ 13,000 / year
10 hours / week
Possibility of increasing the hours
Ability to adapt schedules and work remotely
Sanctuary Farm Phila is a non-profit urban farm whose mission is to improve the health disparities of people living in situations of food insecurity and / or homelessness. We convert abandoned urban land into spaces that offer nutrition, education, employment opportunities and emotional support.