For a full job description, click here.
St. Thomas is a thriving parish in the Upper Connecticut River Valley, adjacent to Dartmouth College.
High quality music: organ, choral and instrumental, is essential to the life and liturgy of Saint Thomas. Our practice is based on the Anglican tradition.
The musical director will
- model ministry, collegiality, professionalism and caring for others,
- supervising, supervising and accompanying the choirs of adults and children,
- select instrumental and choral music for services and develop non-liturgical musical programs,
- be an accomplished organist, playing the organ on Sundays and during major feasts and festivals of the liturgical year,
- allow people in the parish and wider community to share their musical gifts.
The music director is an essential part of the ministry of the parish as a whole. A more detailed description of current and planned music activities is available online.
St Thomas’ Church is committed to its vision: “All are welcome – without exception – to worship, love, serve and grow. We encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented groups.
The organ is a Rodgers Model 960 combination organ with a full set of speakers, 10 rows of pipes and Zimbelstern. Other specifications on request.