New York, New York, United StatesLocation:
Fri 11 March ’22Posted on:
Life in PE:
Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise in all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 22 locations around the world, we design for people, to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting, positive impact on people’s lives and the world we inhabit.
Perkins Eastman’s Science Technology (S&T) group is looking for a Senior Lab Planner to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have experience in all phases of planning and design of academic and corporate science facilities.
The Senior Lab Planner will be responsible for leading the documentation and related architecture required to design and deliver S&T facility projects in accordance with the company’s commitment to design and quality. The Senior Lab Planner will market and develop relationships with S&T customers.
- Reporting to the Associate Director/Project Manager for the project and will be an integral part of the S&T team guiding planning during project execution.
- Lead lab programming assignments.
- Facilitation of client user group meetings
- Project documentation of planning, SD, DD and CD phases.
- Participate in all aspects of a science and technology design project, from design, management and delivery.
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives to help advance the design, operations and business development of our science and technology projects.
- Lead small to large scale project teams or provide support on large scale projects as a laboratory planner responsible for the technical execution and coordination of discipline in the laboratory areas of the project.
- Provide solid planning consistent with the company’s commitment to design, quality and timelines
- Work with teams in multiple Perkins Eastman offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture required, bachelor’s degree in architecture preferred
- Minimum 10 years of architectural experience in laboratory planning
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, ADT and Revit
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others in a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Proactive attitude, attention to detail, punctual and organized; team player.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
How to register:
If you would like to join a fast-paced, dynamic, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills put to the test, please visit our careers page and apply with your cover letter, CV and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF of preference). No phone calls please.
Link: Human by Design!
Perkins Eastman is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age , protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.