Intern architect: 0-3 years of experience
Paulett Taggart Architects (PTA) is a full-service architectural firm founded in 1986. We engage in projects that make a significant contribution to society and focus primarily on the design of affordable housing and community facilities in San Francisco and the Greater Bay Area. In all of our work, from private commissions to community structures to supportive housing, we apply the same sensitivity to the urban fabric and the experience of the interior of space. Our passion for social responsibility goes hand in hand with our commitment to architectural excellence, and the company has received over 40 design awards recognizing the quality and impact of our work.
Our design approach has evolved from a deep understanding of the architecture, topography, social fabric and quality of light unique to the Bay Area and results in modern architecture that is particular to his place. We work interactively. Our goal is to design rational, valued and sustainable buildings, a logical result of the specific needs of our customers and the unique quality of the place. The architects we hire combine design strength, technical expertise and strong management skills, enabling our team to produce durable, long-lasting buildings that exceed expectations.
Paulett Taggart Architects is seeking a talented and well rounded Intern Project Designer/Architect to join our team. We are committed to developing, inspiring and empowering our people, welcoming their involvement throughout the design and construction processes and providing many opportunities for growth, mentorship and leadership.
The interested candidate must have the following qualifications:
- 0-3 years working in an architecture firm
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience in coordinating consultants
- A strong design sensibility
- Good communication skills, team spirit
- Proficiency in Revit desired (or willingness to learn)
- Proficiency in hand drawing, sketching
- Presentation skills; knowledge of Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator, Sketch Up, 3D rendering software
- Good sense of organization and management
- Some experience in civic projects and/or multi-family housing is preferred
Please submit your application by email, including the following:
Cover letter stating years of experience and why you are a good candidate
Resume, Work Examples (PDF)
Please no phone calls or faxes
Subject line: Intern architect 0-3 years