Industry foundation offers grants, scholarships

0

The Pest Management Foundation, affiliated with the National Pest Management Association, offers scholarships and grants to students for research related to the pest control industry.

The foundation’s scholarship program will award up to five scholarships of $ 2,000 to outstanding students enrolled in accredited entomology programs at US colleges or universities. In return, fellows will be asked to provide a letter explaining how the fellowship has assisted them in their academic and research endeavors.

Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or senior year specializing in entomology with a focus on urban pest management are eligible. Students must have completed at least two semesters of study with at least one year prior to graduation. Applicants must be full-time students with good academic standing (3.0 GPA or better on a 4.0 scale). Only one scholarship will be awarded per college or university each year.

Application process:

  • Submit a curriculum vitae or curriculum vitae.
  • Submit your current transcript.
  • Submit a one-page (minimum) essay outlining the candidate’s career goals and aspirations and how they plan to use their education to contribute to an area of ​​urban pest management.
  • A letter of recommendation from the student’s academic advisor addressing the candidate’s progress in students and / or research, potential contribution to urban pest management, and work ethic.
  • Other supporting documents (research papers and proposals, faculty research participation, industry internship participation, scholarship projects, industry work experience, etc.) may also be submitted.
  • The application deadline is November 1, 2021.

For more information and to submit application materials, contact Jim Fredericks by email at [email protected]

Research proposal grants

The Pest Management Foundation also plans to award up to $ 30,000 for research related to the pest control industry.

The foundation can choose to fund one or more projects. However, the foundation reserves the right to refuse to fund any of the proposed submissions.

Each submission must include a preliminary written proposal of one to two pages. The applicability to professional pest management and the specific benefits to the pest management industry should be clearly stated in the proposal. The formatting of the submission is flexible, except that submissions should not exceed two pages.

Each preliminary proposal must include:

  • Name and affiliation of the principal investigator.
  • An executive summary, briefly explaining the proposed project.
  • A brief explanation of the problem, assumptions, and a description of the methods and materials.
  • A statement of the research objectives / goals.
  • A brief timeline outlining the stages of the project. Proposed projects must be completed within 18 months of award award, although free extensions may be available on a case-by-case basis.
  • Total grant requested. Note: 75% of the total grant amount will be distributed at the start of the project; the remaining 25 percent will be paid at the end of the final research report to the foundation.
  • Note: Funds will be distributed by the foundation and will be earmarked specifically for direct costs associated with conducting, analyzing and reporting data and findings. The proposed administrative costs will be used for the direct administrative support of the project. Funding allocated for indirect costs, such as non-project administrative costs or overhead university costs, should not exceed five percent. All funding is audited by the foundation or mandated third parties.

The deadline for submitting preliminary proposals is November 1, 2021. Proposals should be submitted to Jim Fredricks by email at [email protected]


Source link

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply