The Group Health Center is a progressive multi-specialty ambulatory health care organization and one of the first consumer-sponsored health care facilities in Canada. As Ontario’s largest and oldest alternative funded health care organization, the Group Health Center serves more than 70,000 people in Sault Ste. Marie and
Algoma District residents.
Summary of the position:
The HR generalist will work in partnership with HR managers to provide quality support to the organization. the HR Generalist will be responsible for managing a variety of HR tasks including but not limited to supporting labor relations, recruitment and retention and employee support programs, taking an active role in all matters of health and safety and responding to HR inquiries.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of three (3) years of human resources practice, specific labor relations experience an asset
- Certified Human Resources Advisor (CRHA) designation
- Solid working knowledge and application of the LNE, LRA and LSST.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a unionized environment.
- Superior ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines and emerging issues
- Experience in planning and coordinating meetings.
- Excellent word processing, typing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service, evidenced by well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Well-developed skills in self-awareness, self-management and social awareness
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain successful and positive working relationships
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; able to meet deadlines
- Solid experience in the area of â€‹â€‹privacy and confidentiality
- Precision and attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in living GHC values
- Competitive salary with a generous benefits package, pension plan (HOOPP), vacation and time off.
- Operations: Monday to Friday – Opening hours
- Weekends and holidays
Applications before: August 13, 2021
Please apply at [email protected]
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating their qualifications for the position by August 13, 2021. Those selected for interviews will be expected to demonstrate their required qualifications and skills and abilities as outlined above.
Group Health Center is committed to having an inclusive and barrier-free application and interview process and work environment. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code / AODA. Applicants must make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources department at 705-759-5513. We thank all applicants, but only successful applicants will be contacted. Please note that the Group Health Center is a fragrance sensitive organization.