Happy Wednesday, Los Angeles! Here’s everything you need to know in town today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Beautiful with lots of sun. High: 80 Low: 62.
Here are the best stories in Los Angeles today:
- A Hamilton Raised A student was reportedly sexually assaulted last week in a restroom by at least one student – a reported attack partially captured on video and released to others. The report is under investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department. Officials with the Los Angeles Unified School District declined to discuss the details of what happened, citing the ongoing investigation and the privacy of the students. (The Californian Bakersfield)
- Los Angeles sanitation officials received a $ 224 million loan from the US Environmental Protection Agency to fund a San Fernando Basin water recycling project. The loan, which is part of the Water Infrastructure Financing and Innovation Act, will help finance the Donald C. Tillman Advanced Water Purification Facility, which will purify 15.5 million gallons of the city’s sewage every day to replenish the San Fernando Basin and its aquifers. (The daily breeze)
- The largest Guaranteed basic income pilot program in the country has been approved by the Los Angeles City Council Tuesday, bringing the city’s initial $ 6 million investment to nearly $ 40 million to benefit 3,000 Angelenos. The BIG JUMP program provide $ 1,000 in direct cash payments to families each month for 12 months. The unconditional payments will go to families who have been affected by the pandemic and are living in poverty. (KABC-TV)
- Authorities are investigating the murder of a man on Tuesday morning in an area of Los Angeles unincorporated. The shooting occurred off the Block 8100 of avenue Alix, near 81st Street East. Deputy Juanita Navarro-Suarez of Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department reported that the gunshots were heard at around 7:40 a.m., and deputies who responded to the area found a man, Kevin hernandez, with multiple gunshot wounds to the chest. Hernandez is reported to have been a Los Angeles local. (CBS Los Angeles)
- The Los Angeles Children’s Chorus Tuesday announced a five-year extension of At Fernando Malvar Ruiz artistic director contract. The contract extension runs until the end of the 2025 | 26 season, which will be at Malvar Ruiz eighth as artistic director. (Pasadena now)
Today’s Los Angeles Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
Today in Los Angeles:
- Halloween Spirit Week-Mean Girls Movie Day (Events) (All day)
- Minimum Day (Data) – Cesar E. Chavez Learning Academies-Arts / Theater / Entertain Mag (All Day)
- LDC Joyful Disruption Planning Meeting (Events) (All Day)
- Vaccine (Oral Arts) Must bring attached parental consent (Events) (All day)
- JAPAN HOUSE Webinar: MA in Contemporary Cooking (6:00 a.m.)
- NHMLAC internal event – Exhibition center (8:30 am)
- 123Movies or 123movieshub was a file streaming site system (9:00 am)
- College Information Session – English (9h00)
- Halloween! A virtual wine and candy pairing event. (9:00 a.m.)
- English Language Advisory Board Meeting (10:00 am)
- Learn Libby with the Experts – Miraleste Library (10:00 am)
- Runway Kids Club: Books and Cookies (10:00 a.m.)
- Open Access Publishing: Costs, Benefits and Myths (11:00 a.m.)
- Free Singing Sessions for Seniors from Music Mends Minds (11:30 a.m.)
Los Angeles badge book
- Discover Los Angeles: “❤️ 😍 ❤️ Official James Bond vehicles, now on view at @petersenmuseum, in the ‘Bond in Motion’ exhibit. Visit Petersen.org for information and tickets.” (Instagram)
- Discover Los Angeles: “#Tacotuesday: what are you going to? @Sanpedrofish’s Long Beach location celebrates #diadelosmuertos with taco and lobster specialties from Saturday October 30 to Monday November 1. Tacos, Micheladas, Margaritas and… Lobsta Poutine? 🦞 🍟 We are in. More information on Sanpedrofish.com “(Instagram)
- LAFD: “Your LAFD has two Swift Water teams ready today. They patrolled the LA River, striving to eliminate anyone present to avoid the need for potential rescues while remaining ready to respond at any time… like this after- noon at Boyle Heights. ” (Instagram)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Poli2Perfection LA – RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL CLEANING
- Yes Assistant – Virtual Assistant Service – We provide a well organized and flexible virtual service (visit website)
- Rolling robots – Special: 10% reduction on the 1st 3-month subscription! (Visit the website)
- Professional CV writing services from Market-Connections – Mention PatchLA for a 10% discount with the purchase of a CV pack (Visit the website)
- Add your business here
- Divorce Boot Camp – Pasadena, CA Hub ~ Free Webinar (October 27)
- Jodie Barber talks about Accidental Overdose. CDM PALS and ONE Host (October 28)
- Louise Reichlin & Dancers / Los Angeles Choreographers & Dancers performs at Fiesta La Ballona (October 31)
- Save 15% on boo-tiful flowers this Halloween! (October 31)
- [Free Masterclass] Increase Your Website Sales & Leads Through SEO (November 13)
- Fall Blood Drive – American Red Cross (November 21)
- Add your event
You are officially in the loop for today! See you soon. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sean peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur who graduated in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist and marketing director for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.