Applications due 22/08/22
Date posted: July 11, 2022
Location: Worcester, MA, USA
Greenwood Swimming in Worcester, MA is seeking an Assistant Swimming Coach starting in September 2022. Greenwood trains out of the pool at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI). This position will be responsible for coaching swimmers of all ages and working closely with the Head Coach. The candidate will be passionate about coaching, looking to develop their skills and willing to collaborate. The candidate is also a family-minded person who knows the importance of community and a family team atmosphere.
Applicants must be non-athlete members of USA Swimming and obtain coaching credentials in good standing (background check, CPR/first aid certification, USA swimming coaching course, etc.). The ideal candidate has a competitive swimming background and over a year of coaching experience.
– Coach up to 25 hours per week of practice between all groups from Monday to Friday and Saturday morning
– Able to train on weekends for all competitions of the season (1-2 per month)
– Able to travel, in and out of state, for competitions if needed
– Assist the head coach in coaching the national/gold group (~13+)
– Write daily workouts with the help of the head coach for the bronze/silver groups (~12 and under)
– Has knowledge of training specific to swimming in dry areas
– Understand a season training plan
– Cultivates a positive and safe environment for all participants
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Communicates with potential swimmers and parents about the program
– Maintains a safe, clean and organized pool area
Additional paid coaching opportunities through masters coaching available and opportunity to volunteer coaching with DIII WPI Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving.
How to register
Send resume and cover letter to Head Coach, Robert Owen ([email protected])