The SF Bay View launches its first-ever Editorial Fellowship! We are looking for the right person to take on the role of Editor-in-Chief, leading our journal into its next phase of growth. If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to introduce yourself to [email protected]. You can also apply through LinkedIn or idealist.
About: The editor is the face of this radical black abolitionist newspaper. The SF Bay View Editor is the last stop before stories are published and is there to help guide the newspaper’s growth arc, ensuring stories and actions align with the vision and mission. from SF Bay View. The starting salary is $45,000.
Applicants should have direct experience and knowledge of the black community, black history, civil rights, and the Bay Area. Applicants should demonstrate excellent communication skills and be prepared to engage with a range of people, from city officials to community members.
Preference will be given to those with experience in writing, editing, media and/or social justice work.
- Takes interviews and phone calls, attends conferences and panels, is part of the daily Bay View broadcast, and works closely with a team of writers, staff, and board of directors.
- Writes statements and/or editorials as needed.
- Strategizes and participates in growth and fundraising opportunities.
- Leads meetings and maintains journal on a progress schedule.
- Is available to be in the office 3-4 days a week and available for weekly staff meetings on Mondays.
- Help to monitor [email protected] main email and maintain regular correspondence with people.
- Works closely with Layout Editor and staff to release printed paper each month and assist with monthly mailing of paper.