A little about who Síol is …
Our office is culture-based.
Our success is built on trust and accountability.
Curiosity is the basis of success.
Through fairness and inclusiveness, we embrace multiple perspectives.
Collaboration on projects strengthens a strong team.
Transparency breeds trust.
A healthy work-life balance frees the mind.
A little of what we hope defines you …
We are looking for a designer who can see themselves thrive in the above environment.
We elevate those who assume their leadership role by leading by example.
Successful projects are built on dedication, planning and attention to detail.
The growth and success of a team depends on empowerment and the division of responsibilities.
Learning from others forms a diverse worldview.
Architects rely on the expertise of their consultants to carry out a coherent project.
Form and function don’t need to be mutually exclusive.
Main tasks + Responsibilities
- Manage the organization of project files, documents and photos
- Production of permit packages, general specifications, schedules and details
- Data exchange and general coordination with structural engineers and other consultants
- Maintaining AutoCAD standards – updating blocks and models, streamlining the working drawing aesthetic, and raising our graphics standards
- Office Library Product Search and Updates
- Track drawing deadlines
- Know the product delivery times
- Attend meetings and take short but coherent notes to share with team members
- Creation of presentation materials
- Preparation of drawings and submission files from schematic design to construction documents
- Collaborate in the design process and make decisions within a team
- Sourcing, purchasing, reception and quality control of FF&E
- Periodic updates to the project manager as needed
- Code research, for example: environmental, safety, structural and zoning regulations
- Site visits (documentation, field measurements, etc.)
- Navigate the drawings / submissions through the permit offices according to the projects
- Modeling (physical / digital)
Secondary tasks + Responsibilities
- Occasionally engage in non-project related tasks
- Sample library
Knowledge | Skills | Capacities – Required
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suites
- Efficient time management and prioritization of assigned tasks
- Flexibility to switch between jobs and tasks
- Strong sense of self-motivation and attention to detail
- Demonstrates professional and clear communication skills
- Must be licensed to work in the United States
- No sponsorship is available for this position.
Knowledge | Skills | Abilities – Preferred
- G Suite Rhino modeling skills are a plus, manual rendering skills are even better
- Experience in producing construction documentation
- Full medical and dental employee
- 401k with match
- 15 days of power take-off per year
- 10 paid holidays + 2 additional floating holidays
- Competitive compensation based on experience
If you meet these qualifications and are motivated to contribute in a team environment, please send a cover letter, resume, and work examples to [email protected] Email only, please. We appreciate attention to detail and thoroughness; those who follow said application protocol will be considered first.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with a history of arrest and conviction for employment.