St. James Episcopal Church in Wichita, KS.
We are customer-focused, professional, creative and enjoy serving our community by sharing God’s love.
Our work environment includes:
- Lively atmosphere
- A relaxed atmosphere
- On vocational training
We are looking for a friendly, kind, organized, motivated and detail-oriented Communications Coordinator to create parish publications (newsletter, email updates, flyers, service bulletins and direct mail), update the site Parish web and maintain parish databases. The ideal candidate will have previous work experience with a nonprofit or religious organization. The position includes greeting people at church, answering the phone, managing a variety of office electronics, using excellent writing skills and an astute sensitivity to graphic design.
- Use various communication channels effectively, including emails, phone calls, and social media.
- Anticipate and prepare for worship, programming, education, and fellowship communications.
- Create messages that resonate with stakeholders.
- Develop communication strategies.
- Convey complex information in an understandable way.
- Thrive in a fast-paced multitasking environment.
- Prepare social media content.
- Serve a purpose greater than yourself.
Type of employment:
- Full time
- Salary: $30,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
- Flexible hours
- Paid vacation
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Considerations related to COVID-19:
Precautions are based on the prevalence of cases in the community. Ranges from a few precautions to a fully online presentation of worship and programming.
- Describe your experience with the design and layout, writing articles, producing and distributing a print newsletter mailed to subscribers.
- Describe your experience working as part of a team and meeting deadlines.
- Please tell us about your experience recruiting and coordinating volunteers. If you have experience in any of the following areas, please describe: registering for events, planning the use of facilities, and managing a complex schedule of many volunteers.
- A wide range of computer software: 3 years (Required)
- Writing skills: 1 year (Required)
Workplace: Only one place – at the church office.
Please email a cover letter and CV to [email protected] Interviews and auditions will be given to qualified applicants.
St. James Episcopal Church
3750 E. Douglas Avenue
Wichita, KS 67208