Graphite Design Group is looking for a BIM Manager to join our multidisciplinary team. As a BIM Manager, you will provide team support, day-to-day model management, administration and maintenance. The BIM Manager plays a vital role in delivering high quality, data-enriched models and resulting drawings to our clients. BIM managers also support and contribute to the study of design, as well as the research and implementation of new digital design technology products.
duties and responsibilities
The ideal BIM Manager candidate is an architect / architectural designer who is also a CAD+Revit expert. Primary responsibilities include managing and coordinating the development, implementation and application of BIM standards on all related BIM projects, files and models for our commercial and retail groups, in addition to supporting the initial project template setup, research and answering team questions as templates. are still being developed. This person will also develop processes and ongoing internal training for individuals and groups with skills ranging from Revit/CAD novices to intermediate users – with a particular focus on best practices and lessons learned. We anticipate that this teammate will split their time equally between participating as an active contributor to the project and providing enterprise-wide Revit leadership, assistance, and support.
- Oversee and maintain office-wide BIM and design technology systems.
- Consistently apply quality control procedures and take ownership of their work.
- Develop and draft architectural and engineering site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections and details, assist management in preparing proposals and generating correspondence for clients and contractors project managers.
- Contribute to the documentation, dissemination and monitoring of industry standards, best practices and advancements.
- Maintain and adhere to Graphite’s customer specific standards (CAD, file management, etc.).
- Coordinate and provide ongoing application training.
- Research developments in the industry to “stay ahead” so that all Revit users have the right tools and skills to be productive.
- Source and/or provide Revit/CAD training through a combination of on-site, remote, or online training courses aimed at getting the most out of Revit in the architectural process.
- Participate in general help desk tasks related to design technology, including software maintenance and deployment.
- Ensure project templates are set up and maintained to firm standards.
- Support projects with necessary information and resources.
- Participate in project kick-off meetings to identify tasks and issues related to project teams and collaboration; identify and resolve project-specific issues when setting up the Revit model. Establish a Revit/CAD project system for all new projects with team leaders.
- Oversee and manage the BIM process throughout the duration of the project and ensure that all stakeholders are aligned with the project’s BIM protocols.
- Participate in occasional team meetings to help resolve project issues such as coordination, scheduling, and technical issues.
- Maintain company BIM standards and documentation.
- Update system-wide BIM/CAD libraries with appropriate graphical and written resources from current building codes, energy codes, and regulatory agency requirements.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of Revit families. Enforce the use of these digital library templates and assets in accordance with the digital office guidelines in all Graphite projects.
- Provide leadership to the company’s Revit support group. Organize periodic intra-office coordination meetings regarding Revit/CAD.
- Maintain a constant, in-person and punctual presence in the office.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the field of architecture, engineering or construction.
- Demonstrated expertise with Autodesk Revit, related software and add-ins, with a minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience using the software.
- Knowledge of network technologies and platforms (Microsoft)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Navisworks and Rhino. SketchUp and other 3D software are a plus.
- Experience working in BIM 360.
- Experience with different types of projects and sectors – retail, commercial, hospitality, multi-family, etc.
- Experience coordinating digital design models with consultants and/or contractors.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion, set priorities and manage competing demands.
- Dynamo/Grasshopper or other programming skills are a plus, targeting appropriate and applicable uses of these tools throughout the work we do.
- Experience with electronic file transfers (email, SharePoint, FTP, Box, DropBox, etc.)
- Experience with program management and project collaboration software, such as ProCore and BlueBeam.
- Experience with MS Office suite and other enterprise software (Microsoft 365 a plus).
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/BIM (Revit) programming languages (LISP/VBA/ARX) is a plus.
- Ability to encourage and train effectively and tactfully, in person and via web conferencing.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Job type: Full time
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting up to 25 lbs, regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and stretching.
We work hard at Graphite but recognize the importance of having fun while doing what we love. Social activities and group events are encouraged, such as participation in community and volunteer events, sports teams, regular group lunchtime outings, and monthly “happy hours” to celebrate new hires and new hires. birthdays, to name a few.
We support flexible hours with our work-from-home policy while offering comprehensive and competitive benefits, including full medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, 401(k) matching and commuter subsidy.
Employee development and growth is part of Graphite’s DNA, and we regularly offer learning, training and opportunities to attend conferences of interest and report to the group as a whole.
At Graphite, design is a collaborative experience in which we encourage every employee to share their creativity, whether in team charrettes or day-to-day work, believing that the best ideas are yet to be discovered.
If you are the successful candidate, you align with our core values of Integrity, Technical Expertise, Exceptional Customer Service and Stewardship, and you are a positive individual who works well independently as well as within organizations. a dynamic and highly qualified team.
Applicants who meet the job description requirements will be considered, please submit your cover letter, CV and portfolio (10MB max, no online links, PDF only) “BIM Manager” in the subject line of your correspondence to: [email protected]
Graphite is a creative, award-winning architecture and interior design firm based in Seattle, WA.
We are a group of architects dedicated to the idea that carefully designed architecture has the ability to positively impact all who touch it – owners, developers, builders, tenants and neighbors.
Our work is a mix of commercial offices, mixed-use, high-rise and low-rise residences, retail stores and programs, retail centers, financial services, data centers and community centers in support of Graphite’s charitable efforts. We are looking for talented, creative, curious and driven people to join our like-minded design team.